The past simple tense
Key words:
Yesterday
Last
Ago
In the past
Ex:
Ø I played tennis yesterday.
Ø He went to the farm last week.
Ø They waved goodbye.
Regular verbs:
visit visited
help helped
cook cooked
play played
wave waved
Irregular verbs:
go went
see saw
eat ate
drive drove
fly flew
do-does did
am-is was
are were
? what did you see at the farm
I saw a cart with lots of tomatoes
? What did Ali visit last week
He visited a farm in Sharkia
? What did they play yesterday
They played volleyball
Correct the verbs:
· Yesterday she (help) her mother.
· I (visit) my uncle in his farm last year.
· We (see) an egret yesterday on the farm.
· The farmer (drive) his tractor two hours ago.
Rearrange:
· Lots – I - a cart - saw – with - tomatoes - of.
-------------------------------------------------
· a - drove –farmer – tractor - The.
-------------------------------------------------
· was – Friday – Yesterday.
-------------------------------------------------
· has – lots – The – got – of – farmer – animals.
-------------------------------------------------
· an egret – favourite –My – is – bird.
-------------------------------------------------
Find the odd one out:
· saw – drove – visited – flew.
· cow – cart – buffalo – donkey.
· Played – waved – helped – went.
· look – ate – help – drive.
Key words:
Yesterday
Last
Ago
In the past
Ex:
Ø I played tennis yesterday.
Ø He went to the farm last week.
Ø They waved goodbye.
Regular verbs:
visit visited
help helped
cook cooked
play played
wave waved
Irregular verbs:
go went
see saw
eat ate
drive drove
fly flew
do-does did
am-is was
are were
? what did you see at the farm
I saw a cart with lots of tomatoes
? What did Ali visit last week
He visited a farm in Sharkia
? What did they play yesterday
They played volleyball
Correct the verbs:
· Yesterday she (help) her mother.
· I (visit) my uncle in his farm last year.
· We (see) an egret yesterday on the farm.
· The farmer (drive) his tractor two hours ago.
Rearrange:
· Lots – I - a cart - saw – with - tomatoes - of.
-------------------------------------------------
· a - drove –farmer – tractor - The.
-------------------------------------------------
· was – Friday – Yesterday.
-------------------------------------------------
· has – lots – The – got – of – farmer – animals.
-------------------------------------------------
· an egret – favourite –My – is – bird.
-------------------------------------------------
Find the odd one out:
· saw – drove – visited – flew.
· cow – cart – buffalo – donkey.
· Played – waved – helped – went.
· look – ate – help – drive.
Posted in: